Saturday, August 6, 2011

48. Hang huge Crate and Barrel print

I've lost steam.  With blogging regularly, I mean.  GOSH, this takes some major dedication. 

I have a lot of blogging to make up this week.  I CAN DO IT!  (Do you ever need to yell in capital letters to inspire yourself to do things?  I do.) 

[A better question: can they (that means me) have a lesson in all high school English classes to teach students to NOT write entire e-mails/texts/etc. in capital letters?  It's really diminishing their message.  Unless it's, "OH MY GOSH MY BOOK GOT PUBLISHED CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?"  Not, "HEY THERE WHAT ARE YOU UP TO TODAY DO YOU WANT TO GET SOME PIZZA LATER?"  No, I don't want to get pizza with you if you're going to yell at me like that.  Geez Louise.]

Back to my point.  Catch-up.  Today, and I expect this week, I will be pressing through to get some posts done.  I really don't know how established bloggers post twice a day while raising children and running businesses.  Props to you.  Honor coming your way.

All of this is to say that I'm going to document more things I crossed off of my Summer Bound for Beauty List. This one is simple.  We finally hung this huge beautiful contemporary print we bought at the Crate and Barrel outlet.  The frame and matting alone were worth twice as much as we paid.  aha!  I seem to channel my bargain-finding mom sometimes.  Deals just come to her.  I'm glad I'm continuing the blessing of NOT paying too much for things.  You can also see a beautiful and whimsical bird cage I snagged at a hole in the wall antique shop in Indianapolis.  The print is of dandelion puffs, but I think they feel like trees.  And, I like that there are three of them.  It reminds me of the trinity in a way that is contemplative and beautiful (and protective, over me while I sleep).  My antique dresser never seemed happier.
Things coming your way: craft closet ideas, Door County trip [I can't wait to show you what we find!], a "raw" post about how my hands and how they are beautiful, an amazing INDIE Wed event I attending to help my sister plan her wedding, and a visit from friends that included walking the river walk and a styling challenge in World Market!]

May you have eyes to see the beauty. --Meg Tess


No comments:

Post a Comment