Sunday, July 17, 2011

35. Go to 7 Eleven on 7/11 for our anniversary

Three years ago, on the eleventh of July, we were married.  It was a lovely day.  [Every notice lovely is an adjective form of love?  I forget to think of it that way sometimes.  But, in this case, it's exactly what I mean.  A day described with the best sense of love.] 

To celebrate and remember the day, we went to 7 Eleven.  Why, you ask?  Well, because we were married on 7/11 and on July eleventh, 7 Eleven gives out free slurpies!  They are tiny portions, and three of the flavors we wanted were churning and not drinkable.  I went with the coca-cola flavor as a third, but delicious choice.  Either way, we finally remembered to get our free anniversary slurpies.  And, we have an idea: we thought it would be cool to rent a slurpie machine and have a party on our seventh anniversary. What do you think?

It was such a hot day-- so we enjoyed our drinks as we reminisced about our wedding day...  And, I've decided that having strange and fun traditions is beautiful! (http://revealthebeauty.blogspot.com/2011/06/bound-for-beauty-summer-list.html)




Looking back on our special day, we wanted our day to be quirky and really "us."  And, I think we did well. It makes me joyful that I can still say that, even after reading all the wedding blogs on a daily basis and ooing and ahhing over new ideas.  We had a lot of favor and lots of people helped us to make it special.  We had a photo booth as an element of our guest book (I'll include pics of that some time).  We had a beautiful old green Buick classic car, which was one of my dreams. I'm still really happy with my dress, my hair, my veil, my shoes, my make-up. It's like God knew how to protect me from my over-critical junk that day, and in my memory of the day. I truly felt beautiful that day. I had prayed for that, too. Answered!

Obviously, we felt most blessed by the ceremony. It was real, and gentle, and intentional, and beautiful! T planned all the music, which was quite extensive and moving (especially when I entered to the flourishing harp music from Cavalleria Rusticana and when we sang "The Other Side of Me" together at the piano and T took over the mic when I cried). He is such a great husband. Seriously, he's amazing, and I'm very very thankful to him and to Him. Here are some of our favorite images from the day:



May you have eyes to see the beauty.  --Meg Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment