Monday, June 27, 2011

30. Go to Sweet Maple Cafe

One of my close friends told me about a place her husby took her for her birthday breakfast where she got lemon pancakes with raspberry topping.  When I made my "Oh My Gosh" face, she suggested we all go there, one of her favorite places, together.  This is why the outing to Sweet Maple Cafe made my summer Bound for Beauty List (http://revealthebeauty.blogspot.com/2011/06/bound-for-beauty-summer-list.html). 

I am so glad we went.  We got more familiarized with the Pilsen/UIC area of the city, which is where our church's amazing Flame of Love Conference took place this past weekend.  I haven't had to use any of the new park and pay parking stations on my trips into the city lately (luck), so we learned how to work that contraption as well. 

And guess what the special was!?  The lemon pancakes with raspberry topping!  Two of my favorite flavors combined to make the best breakfast every!  I also had the Monterrey homefries (I heart bacon, I heart potatoes, and that day, I hearted jalapenos).  It was lovely, and I enjoyed the meal much more because I was with three of my favorite people (the husby is one of the three, don't worry!)


I heartily recommend the restaurant for it's old fashioned knobby kitchen chairs that help you feel like you're at grandmas, the capable sassafras staff that keep things moving without making you feel rushed, the quality of food (the lemon was light and the raspberry not too sweet), and the location (easy to access, open parking).  I hope you'll try it when you're in town.  Their website is www.sweetmaplecafe.com.  They are located at 1339 W. Taylor in Chicago.

May you have eyes to see the beauty.  -- Meg Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment