Friday, January 27, 2012

Berries and peanut butter

Over the last year, one of my favorite things to do in our house is to sleep in on a Saturday morning. It's my favorite way to manage my stress level and decompress after a long week of teaching. I've always been a great sleeper, and being able to stay in bed a little longer than I "should" is actually really healthy for me!


I have a feeling these Saturday morning rendezvous(s) are going to be few and far between after April when the little boy arrives. So I wanted to share the simple beauty of the breakfast I usually bring up to bed while I read or peruse blogs.

Raspberries are my favorite berry, and they are a quite stunning fruit at that. Their color and texture is just divine. In fact, I have really enjoyed making raspberry pancakes a part of our "brinner" (breakfast for dinner) rotation. I have also always been a green apple fan.  Granny Smith, to be clear. And, since being pregnant, I like apples a lot more than usual. I also like peanut butter a lot more than usual (but it's always fab). Add some pecan bits and you've got a healthy but hearty breakfast! (The bananas were an extra on this particular morning). Sometimes I add an English muffin or multi-grain blueberry Eggo waffles as well. And don't forget the small cup of orange juice (also not something I usually frequent) and mug of hot black tea with honey and milk.

I probably won't have a lot of time for this little luxury tomorrow morning, but I hope to return to it a couple times before Spring and the new baby bring changes and different blessings.

May you have eyes to see the beauty.  --Meg Tess

1 comment:

  1. ohmygoodness gorgeous Megan! I had no idea you two were expecting. I am over the moon ecstatic for you! what an amazing adventure - and you both will be amazing parents. I am so happy to find you online. you and your beau are so special, and although we're far away, i want to stay connected!
    i will be in Chicago the second week of April. can't wait to see you! when are you due?
    {{{hugs}}} !!

    ReplyDelete