Saturday, April 2, 2011

Seeing Beauty Runs in the Family

Not until I was older, did I discover what a creative childhood I led.  There were strange and insightful paintings all around our house, on every wall.  I remember meeting my dad's artist friends with their hippy beards and sweet dispositions.  I was always encouraged to create.

Things have come full circle.  I had the privilege to meet all of my dad's "art people" as an adult pursuing art and beauty, and it was inspiring.  The last time my dad had an art show was before I remember... so, maybe twenty five years ago?  And, a few weeks ago, I got to experience a blessed day for him.  OnView, a new art gallery opened on the North side of Chicagoland, and my dad's pieces were part of their first show.  His speech was raw and vulnerable, and it was poignant.  As he would say, "Great balance."

A compilation of my dad's life drawing, fine line etchings, and watercolors greet guests.


I was able to see some of my dad's most amazing work on display [** with the little placards that name the piece, name the price, and listed his name!**]  What a joy.  I know I inherited a legacy of beauty-revealing from my dad. 

The details of the bolts on the old dock are my favorite detail of this watercolor, which sold.


No comments:

Post a Comment